Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hardware

Drawer pulls: I'm considering using the same drawer pulls as in the kitchen throughout the renovation, unless someone can convince me that it is too boring. I would switch from the pewter to the rust where appropriate. Avante Hardware, Pull, Pewter or Rusted Iron from the Iron Craft collection, 5" length, hole spacing 3.5".
From West Coast Mobile Hardware in 2006 which is no longer in business.
These drawer pulls now come only in a curved shape which actually feels quite nice on the fingers. I put a rust version in the dining room and a pewter version in my office, studio and the sitting room in the main house and in Katherine's office in the cottage.
Ordered February 4, 2013: Liberty Hardware 65173 from the Avante Iron Craft Collection, Rusted Iron and Tumbled Pewter
From PullsDirect.com
I used the Rusted Iron version in the dining room on the lower cabinets of the bookshelf.
This is the knob on the charging stations to pull down the doors covering the electrical boxes and the cords which snake their way up through the grommets. More information in the Cabinetry section.
Liberty Hardware 65237 1.25" Square Knob from the Avante Iron Craft Collection, Tumbled Pewter
From PullsDirect.com
The master bath and the cottage bath have different drawer pulls, more in keeping with the towel bars and faucets. I bought some at the Rejuvenation store in Berkeley and ordered the rest on line February 6, 2013.
Mission Drawer Pull C0524
From Rejuvenation.com
Switch plates: I'm considering using the same switch plates as I bought for the kitchen renovation in 2006, unless someone can convince me that it is too boring. Mottled Antique Pewter, 4S8001-APA.
From Switchhits.com in 2006
Update March 26, 2013: I ordered 29 Mottled Antique Pewter 4S8001 APA switch plates of various configurations.
From Switchhits.com
Update April 24, 2013: I ordered seven more of various sorts and will need to order one more in the next week or so. Then I think I'm done with switch plates.
I used eight brass switch plates that were in the house when we moved in in 2002 or that I purchased from Omega Salvage in Berkeley during the first year in the house.

Towel racks: This line of towel racks was carried by Bed Bath and Beyond. I used them in my 2010 renovation of the Berkeley bathrooms. Since then, the line is much diminished. If available, I would like to use it in the guest bath.



Update December 11, 2012: I ordered Modern Towel Bars, Modern Wall-Mount Soap Dish, and Modern Tissue Holders from Restoration Hardware  in Polished Chrome and Satin Nickel.  They were delivered before Christmas.
Toilet paper holders installed in the three bathrooms.
Towel bar in the cottage bath. The Satin Nickel for the main house master bath and the cottage bath. Chrome for the main house guest bath. All just splendid.
Soap dish in the master bath next to the bath tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment